New Work, New Culture is a philosophical, political, and informational response to our current, dysfunctional job system. With increasing automation, the number of jobs decreases. Instead of relying on economic growth to churn out more jobs, New Work proposes that we instead reconsider the central role that jobs play in our culture, and pursue practices that will free us. The purpose of this site is to explain the various components of this vision and to engage with like-minded people from around the world. Frithjof Bergmann has been enabling New Work projects since the early 1980s, advising communities, businesses, and governments around the world. For an introduction from Frithjof, read his "Briefest Possible Summary." For explanatory interviews with Frithjof and other New Work practitioners, visit the New Work Enterprises YouTube Channel.
- Debra Rowe on DIY Energy Projects
- AlterNet Covers NWNC 2014 Conference (Is New Work an Economic Theory?)
- Perspectives on New Culture from the NWNC 2014 Conference
- Why We Need a New Culture
- New Work: The Briefest Possible Summary
- Video: Frithjof Bergmann and John Glazer Present New Work 6-19-14
- David Gibbons Interview on Frithjof Bergmann’s Life and Thought